• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Small Shoulder Bag (1 Viewer)

David in NC

Right now I'm a "vest person" but looking to try a small shoulder bag. I have seen the video posted of Annabeth by her friend of hers, but do any of you have suggestions?

I am thinking small-I have enough larger bags.

It would be for a field guide or two and maybe a Clif Bar and bottle of water at most. I do use IBird on my phone quite a bit but I still like printed guides also...

I would try your local sports / angling shop to look for a bag that meets your price & needs. If you plan to buy on-line, try searching for cartridge bag or trout bag.

Regards,
Brian

Right now I'm a "vest person" but looking to try a small shoulder bag. I have seen the video posted of Annabeth by her friend of hers, but do any of you have suggestions?

I am thinking small-I have enough larger bags.

It would be for a field guide or two and maybe a Clif Bar and bottle of water at most. I do use IBird on my phone quite a bit but I still like printed guides also...

My fav bag now is the Filson small field bag. It is not too big, but holds quite a bit. I have the black/gray wool one. Only negative is it feels a little heavy if I put enough in it, but I really like it. The mountainsmith small messenger is good for wet weather and is light.

http://www.filson.com/products/Fiel...=70230242135&gclid=CPSJlu6zhr4CFYN0OgodRXcAYA

I use a bag from a company called Blackhawk. It is called the "Tactical Handbag". Though in my opinion it is not tactical at all.
It is made of 1000 denier nylon with a rubber like material on the bottom to keep your gear dry. It will hold my Nikon Monarch 5 8x42 bins, my Peterson Field Guide, pens, notebook, first aid kit, Epi pen, pocket knife, water bottle a Cliff bar or two.

Here is a link to it.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Tactical-Handbag,878,1394.htm

I think I paid maybe $40.00 on Amazon for mine. I got the tan color. I also use it as an every day carry bag. It holds tools, flashlight, snacks etc I use on a daily basis.

There are some videos on YouTube about it as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back