• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moth Id confirmation - Muslin Moth (1 Viewer)

Overread

Hunting birds with a canon
Just wondering if I can get a confirmation if this is a Muslin Moth (Diaphora mendica)

Didn't get much in the trap last night, cloud was good but I think the wind was just the wrong side of strong and chilly to keep the moths in.

Attachments

• IMG_1262.jpg
    IMG_1262.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 15
Thanks Aeshna! Who knows perhaps I'll get some nice pugs in my trap sometime to add to the pug confusion ;)

Yes. a lot easier than those wretched pugs!

Much of the time, I don't even pot them, I know what our recorder will say so there's no point.

If I do see something potentially noteworthy, e.g Plain Pug here, I'll actually take it to the recorder for dissection if required as it's a species of conservation interest in Notts.

Sorry, off topic.

Attachments

• rsz_plain_pug.jpg
    rsz_plain_pug.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back