• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Product Introduction Today From Swarovski ? (1 Viewer)

John A Roberts

Australia
Although it does not seem to be have been noticed (or at least commented on) by others, apparently there will be a new product launched today:

From Jim on 24th June:
. . . I heard from a dealer that Swaro line will be upgrading (to complete with SF more )..hence 'perhaps' some price reductions , he is guessing $200 sometime in July for the 8x32 EL's
. . . He is attending a couple of webinars next week so might hear some news next week on what Swaro is up to, if no one knows now.....

And more significantly on the 28th:
Ed, just wait for the Swarovski news coming Tuesday 17.00 hours GMT.
Then you will say they are fabulous and run to the store;)

Jan

So later today . . . ?

John

Last edited:
ticl2184, post 4,
It is even more fascinating, since they will directly jump to generation 7, so do not keep your fingers crossed since that inhibits the use of your computerboard.
Gijs van Ginkel

ticl2184, post 4,
It is even more fascinating, since they will directly jump to generation 7, so do not keep your fingers crossed since that inhibits the use of your computerboard.
Gijs van Ginkel

Gijs,

We've had pincushion then flat field so the logic would be barrel distortion? ;-)

8x32 TV Field-Pro (TV for Tonnenförmige Verzeichnung)

Much more seriously I'll be interested whether they keep the FP attachment system, revert to the old method, or modify the FP system / completely replace it with something newer.. I don't mind it but it does lead to twisted cords whereas what I have on new SLC 10x42 is simple and very effective so long as the user remembers to push down the sleeves to lock the straps into place near near the binocular rectangular metal attachment rings. (Can you call it a ring if it is rectangular? You know what I mean!)

Tom

Seldomperched, post 6,
I hope that you will not share this message with anybody, but Swarovski succeeded in the production of wave shaped prisms, so light waves can pass them fully in phase.
Gijs van Ginel

Do we know if it's a 42 or 32 model there introducing..?

I would imagine it's the 42, with a new Body design, Lighter, more centrally located larger focus wheel.
Wider fov, greater light transmission...

Cheers Tim

Swarovski NL - further details tomorrow (1st July). Shape looks curious, perhaps a porro (perger?) or IS binocular? Appears to be a 10x42 model from the post on the SO facebook page.

Last edited:
Swarovski NL
198407fa16423b5616f7cf82b3b81a93.jpg

Center picture, yes that is a forehead rest...

Attachments

• 132788.jpg
    132788.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2,748
  • 132790.jpg
    132790.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2,716
  • 132791.jpg
    132791.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 2,586
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back