• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Adding photos to Opus article (1 Viewer)

I'm a photographer and ruthlessly pursue copyright infringement but can't see an issue here. Previously we had a notice somewhere telling members that images maybe used elsewhere on the site for the purpose of the database and I believe there is wording to that effect still in place.

It is generally understood by those posting photos on the web, that a copy for personal use onto someone's pc is fine. I'm pretty sure the Berne convention allows this anyway.

As always, members can ask to have their image removed... in fact, unlike the old database, Opus allows members to remove images themselves if they so wish.

regards,
Andy

I just edited the White-necked Jacobin. The pre-existing image showed a male of a very localized subspecies; I therefore added a male of the widespread subspecies and a female to the account. Is this still within what is intended? (I used size 450 instead of 550 for both males, so that the images would not take to much space in total).

Niels

First, glad to see that the subject about copyright is clarified. I was a bit confused with it as well.
And Niels, I think the recommended size for secondary photos is 300 px.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back