• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Minneapolis in February (1 Viewer)

DonStarks

grizzled California vet
I'm from the San Francisco bay area and may be spending a few days birding in the Minneapolis area in early February while my wife visits friends. Any suggestions on what might be out (besides me)? I'll be looking mostly for winter wanderers from more northerly areas. Any help is appreciated.

Too bad I didn't see this at the time it was posted. Anyhow, with winter approaching I'll comment for the archives. Within the cities there will be a lot of birds hanging around through winter. The usual robins, jays, crows, sparrows, juncos, shrikes, chickadees, etc. Many woodpeckers and creepers - they were the easiest to watch and encounter. Some waterfowl, eagles and hawks. Last time I was in MN in February I concentrated on the river valleys, in Crosby Farm Regional Park in St. Paul and the Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge, just south of Minneapolis. Nice to be out of the wind down there, too. ;)

There are bird shops around the metro area that can help. (seems like an amazing concept,

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back