• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

More problems with my Giotto Tripod! (1 Viewer)

Ptarmi

Dick Glasgow
Sadly, I'm having more problems with my Giotto Tripod!

Yesterday, one of the legs snapped off at the joint, where it meets the head! |:(|

I notice that on Amazon, they say that this model is not available, so I'm wondering if I'm going to have trouble getting a replacement leg, or at least the connecting bracket!

"Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Giotto's MTL9351 B Tripod + MH5011 Three Way Head Kit.

Any advice?

Cheers,
Dick

Have you contacted the UK importer of Giotto, they still list the tripod as current stock?

All sorts of things dissapear from Amazon listings for no obvious reason without affecting their availability. In fact they still list the tripod, but without the head.

All the best with your repair.

A friend of mine sat on her Giotto tripod and wrote off one of the legs. How she manged this while the tripod was extended is still a mystery!
Anyway she contacted the importer who sent her a complete new leg for peanuts.

Glad you don't have a Gitzo. I cracked the casting for the upper leg section on my 3540LS and the replacement cost $150. The upper leg casting on these tripods is quite thin - thinner than the CF walls and much more brittle.

A friend of mine sat on her Giotto tripod and wrote off one of the legs. How she manged this while the tripod was extended is still a mystery!
Anyway she contacted the importer who sent her a complete new leg for peanuts.

I have been quoted £27.50 for a new leg!

Or, at a cost of appx £10 for postage, I could return the leg for them to inspect.

Either way, I'm out of pocket! |:(|

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back