• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Getting my photos printed? (1 Viewer)

Claymore

Hi all,
Can anyone recomend where to get some digital photo's printed (mainly 5x7's and one or two A4's) (i don't have broadband if that helps with the choice)?
Amazingly somebody wants to buy a few of my photo's so they need to be best quality prints.
Any tips on mounting prints would be welcome too!
The buyer said they would buy 5 A4 prints unmounted for £100 (not bad?) are they mad?
Cheers B :)
Brian

Hi Brian

If you had broadband then it would be photobox.co.uk without any hesitation as they are fast, reliable and produce top quality prints usually within 24hrs and at very reasonable prices. If you have a stable dial up connection prehaps you could upload last thing at night and then order in the morning. I only have 1 gig broadband and uploaded hundreds of megabytes this way.

As for mounting I use a local (Cardiff) art suppliers who do A1 card for a few quid and then charge 80p to cut and mount the prints. I'm sure you will have something similar near to you. Local art schools etc. maybe able to help.

All the best

Rhod

Brian,

Well done.

Just cover yourself with the copyright issue, to either restrict the continued use or limit where and how your images are used. You might find that the £100 is cheap compared to the publishing cost fees which could be involved.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back