• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto Micro Fluid Head 128LP (1 Viewer)

Burruchaga

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether the Manfrotto Micro Fluid Head 128 LP would suffice an 80mm spotting scope.

Many thanks,

B

I have other and fancier heads, but I've used (and still regularly use) the equivalent older model 3126 LP for ~20 years. It is a tried and true head, and it works nicely with 80 mm scopes, especially if your scope balances well. The head has no counter spring or other means of adjusting scope balance apart from a bit of choice in where the scope is attached along the LP (long plate), but the smoothness under high tension is still quite good, so the head still works well with unbalanced 80 mm scopes (e.g. my Nikon 78ED).

--AP

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back