• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Field Pro objective lens covers (1 Viewer)

Is it just me or do these break very easily? I have gone through two sets. They are annoyingly flimsy and seem to tear off at any opportunity. Very disappointed in this rather poorly designed feature.

Is it just me or do these break very easily? I have gone through two sets. They are annoyingly flimsy and seem to tear off at any opportunity. Very disappointed in this rather poorly designed feature.

It's not just you, they did break easy.
That's why the new generation covers are in place now.

Jan

The original remark/question was if other people witnessed the same problem on the SV Pro covers.
They did, Swarovski listened and changed the covers in a 2.0 version.

What is there more to tell. ;);)

Jan

Any idea after the initial EL SV Field Pro July 2015 release date, did they update to the "2.0 version of the objective covers"?

Any idea after the initial EL SV Field Pro July 2015 release date, did they update to the "2.0 version of the objective covers"?

Wether is was a design flaw or a supplier failure, the initial covers broke from the beginning. With the 2.0 version, the attachement between the claw and the little rubber strip has been improved. AFAIK these arrived to us (as replacements and spares) three months ago. Haven't had any complaint from these yet.

Wether is was a design flaw or a supplier failure, the initial covers broke from the beginning. With the 2.0 version, the attachement between the claw and the little rubber strip has been improved. AFAIK these arrived to us (as replacements and spares) three months ago. Haven't had any complaint from these yet.

Jan...thanks for the reply! :t:

So any early FP owners experiencing cover failures can get them changed out either from their retailer, or I'd figure directly from Swarovski...Good News!

Ted

p.s. You were right, at the Speckbacher Hof you do sleep under the Stars! :cool:

Last edited:
Jan...thanks for the reply! :t:

So any early FP owners experiencing cover failures can get them changed out either from their retailer, or I'd figure directly from Swarovski...Good News!

Ted

p.s. You were right, at the Speckbacher Hof you do sleep under the Stars! :cool:

seeing is believing;)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back