• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

C K Leong (1 Viewer)

Was just out with CK last week and would recommend him highly. He's a great birder, well equipped, has local knowledge, and is a pleasure to be around. We went on day trips to the Crocker Range, and to Tempasuk Plains out of KK. Also spent time in Tawau Hills Park where birding was fantastic... but that is another topic and I haven't got my trip report written yet. Anyway, yes CK is very professional and I would not hesitate to use him. Have a great trip! Oh, and his English is perfect because he was educated in the US. I know he speaks several other languages, but not sure which ones, you'd have to inquire.

If you can't get hold of CK for whatever reason, fellow BF member Jason Reyes @ Horukuru is just as good. Sabah has many excellent bird guides!

Thank you both!
We have contacted Ck and said we would like to use him when we go. We know of Jason, too. He posts a lot on here :) but is more expensive!

Thank you both!
We have contacted Ck and said we would like to use him when we go. We know of Jason, too. He posts a lot on here :) but is more expensive!

Sorry not to start a fire here, but your statement that my service is expensive, is not acceptable.

Check with other birding companies offering tours to Sabah, Borneo and do comparison with my price for 2 persons. If mine is expensive then theirs, then it is up to you to decide rather than making a statement here !

By the way, CK is a good friend of mine and he is the founder of Borneo 400 Club and excellent bird guide in Sabah.

I am sorry, Jason, to have offended you and if you wish to approach Birdforum and have this thread deleted, I would support that. I have read a lot of your posts on here and respect your views and opinions.

I can assure you I have done a lot of research into the costs of visiting Borneo and am well aware of the range of prices. You are therefore bound to be more expensive than some and cheaper than others. I was not being derogatory.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back