• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with Leica and Pentax? (1 Viewer)

timj17

Hi,

I am trying to find a cheap way of connected a Pentax *ist DS to a Leica Televid 77. I have been looking at SRB products, has anyone tried any?

Thanks,

Tim

timj17 said:
Hi,

I am trying to find a cheap way of connected a Pentax *ist DS to a Leica Televid 77. I have been looking at SRB products, has anyone tried any?

Thanks,

Tim
I am still waiting for an adaptor for my Zeiss zoom, but the one they sent fitted the 30xW and was excellent. It was easy to set up and very rigid in use, swinging away smoothly and easily when required. The company have been very helpful and friendly to deal with.

timj17 said:
I have no personal experience, but I would guess Pentax's flat "limited" 40mm could work quite well with the Leica 20xW (or 32xW). Kit zooms tend to be prone to vignetting when coupled to the eyepieces with typical eye-relief (?20mm).

Good luck,

Ilkka

The simplest way is to connect the Leica SLR adapter to the scope (it's quite expensive) and a T connector to your camera (without the lens). You'll obtain ~800mm focal length. I'm not sure though that your camera will meter in this setup.
The other way is like Ilkka suggested. I use the Nikon pancake 45mm/2.8 lens, a 52mm to 42mm ring and an adapter. I've made my own adapter, but I guess it can be purchased from Scopetronics in the States. The equivalent Pentax lens is very similar. The results are not as sharp as with the first option.
You need a very stable tripod and an additional camera support.
The Nikon UBK can do the job as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back