• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from a newcomer trying to find her way about (1 Viewer)

rin

I joined recently and am finding it difficult to navigate my way round this site, not too obvious as to where to find things, wonder if I will still be saying that in 6 months? :h?:

I am a hobby birdwatcher and photographer and have found some awesome photos on this site. Thank you to all contributors. :clap:

|;|

Hello rin, and welcome to Birdforum. You will soon find your way round the site, It does get easier, but if you do get stuck just shout. You will find a lot of friendly people here. Enjoy yourself. John.

Hello and welcome from northern Ontario, Canada! John's right... there will always be people around willing to help if you run into trouble but navigation of this site becomes pretty easy, pretty quickly. Before you know it, you'll be as addicted as the rest of us!

Enjoy your time here.

rin said:
I joined recently and am finding it difficult to navigate my way round this site, not too obvious as to where to find things, wonder if I will still be saying that in 6 months? :h?:

I am a hobby birdwatcher and photographer and have found some awesome photos on this site. Thank you to all contributors. :clap:

|;|
hi rin i haveing same trouble but every one seems very helpfull ,practice makes perfect i tell myself good luck blacky

Hi Rin,

On behalf of Admin and the Moderators welcome to Bird Forum :t:

The site is a little daunting at first but I'm sure you'll soon pick up just how easy it is to use and navigate. Any queries then just ask as we have a very friendly and helpful membership.

See you around.

rin said:

|;|

Hi rin,

You will soon find your way around.

Let us all see your bird sightings from a beautiful part of Scotland.

John.

Welcome to BF. The more you post and explore the site, the easier it gets ;) A couple of hours of looking around and a few posts and you'll be a BF expert.
I add most of the different forums and sections of the site to my web browser's favorites.

regards,
Andy

Rin

rin said:

|;|
Hi Rin, I too am new and struggling with the site, but determined to crack it! I am a very enthusiastic amateur bird watcher and have recently seen my first waxwing(well 40 actually) in my garden.
Love your area and have spent many holiday in Kirkmichael Perthshire
regards Marian

another new one trying to find answers

hopefully someone can help me, In my garden today I saw a couple of birds, finch size with a streak of red across the head and black lines down either side of the face...not being a great birdwatcher I did'nt really take note of anything else...can anyone help in finding out what they were...thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back