• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (3 Viewers)

The not quite so exotic - but first for me Common Scoter - on holiday near Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK.

Well done on the snowy owl Rich, I'll have to go more wild than Kessingland to see one of those :)

Got eared grebe, sharp-shinned hawk, black chinned hummingbird and lark sparrow this weekend in the Texas hill country, with the last one on the morning of my wedding. It was a nice de-stressor the day of. Also picked up 11 other lifers between my bachelor party and my buddy's in the last several months, neither of which were birding trips. Honeymoon in Hawaii should net me a few more good ones as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The not quite so exotic - but first for me Common Scoter - on holiday near Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK.

Well done on the snowy owl Rich, I'll have to go more wild than Kessingland to see one of those :)
Cheers Julie. Was totally unexpected. I'm 50 in 2021 and the OH had given me a pass to drop everything, and go and see one anywhere in the UK that year. I was expecting/ hoping it would be on the Outer Hebs:-O

Might need a new target nowo:D

Rich

Snowy Owl in Pembrokeshire yesterday.

Rich

Rumour has it that it was the same one that disappeared from Norfolk/Lincs before I had a chance to get over there, even though I had a fully stamped and authorized free weekend pass despite the fact that the broken cooker was sitting in the middle of kitchen waiting for me to replace it. (OH has a soft spot for owls so was quite keen to come along for the ride)
Good for you though Rich :t: I am currently turning a very nasty shade of green

Rumour has it that it was the same one that disappeared from Norfolk/Lincs before I had a chance to get over there, even though I had a fully stamped and authorized free weekend pass despite the fact that the broken cooker was sitting in the middle of kitchen waiting for me to replace it. (OH has a soft spot for owls so was quite keen to come along for the ride)
Good for you though Rich :t: I am currently turning a very nasty shade of green
Cheers Paul. I belted down after work. Glad I did as if I'd waited until the Saturday I'd have missed it.

Rich

Today saw a Ringed Necked Duck it had been spotted at Blackford Pond so thought I'd go Twitching for it and was successful.

American Bittern last Sunday. About 5 seconds as it flew over the reeds in the distance. Not the greatest of views but a tick is a tick I suppose especially as the best part of the day had been spent in thick fog and then we arrived about 20 minutes after it had been sitting out in the open before going into hiding again

Pueo soaring over the Pihea Vista in Kauai was a lifer for a short-eared owl period, not to mention the Hawaiian subspecies. Not a bad setting to get a lifer compared to most of my urban birding.
9650130bd2eda06bff7c6892b4f0f12a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The White-winged Scoter at Musselborough yesterday (very many thanks to the presumably local birder who helped me get onto it). Nice to add a World lifer in the UK!

Picked up a Hazel Grouse at Namhansanseong Fortress outside Seoul on Saturday followed by an Asian Stubtail on Monday at Chungryeong Mountain Forest Reserve near Gapyeong on Monday.

Not a lifer, but I also had a couple of Black Woodpeckers in a nest at a private home near Hwaseong on Monday afternoon. A regular breeder but very local in Korea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back