• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A funny thing happened in Newcastle Emlyn (1 Viewer)

Torchepot

United Kingdom
Went to visit a couple of elderly friends today and they mentioned that during the snow earlier this year they had a couple of unusual birds visiting their garden. I was not too surprised when they mentioned Bullfinch and Redwing but when they said they had a pair of Broad-billed Sandpipers over a couple of days I just couldn't imagine what they'd seen.

Later, going through some pictures on their tablet they remembered they'd taken some shots. Two snipe - photographed from their kitchen window in a strip of bog garden no more than a metre wide and sandwiched between their house and the steep bank behind it!

i like that town. i lived down by the river in what is now a derelict shop many years ago. never saw snipe but did get a couple of pheasant in the backyard, spent ages trying to catch them to make a change from the monotonous sea-trout diet ...

i like that town. i lived down by the river in what is now a derelict shop many years ago. never saw snipe but did get a couple of pheasant in the backyard, spent ages trying to catch them to make a change from the monotonous sea-trout diet ...

The river walk near the "castle" is really beautiful - only had time for a quick look - but certainly warrants another visit.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back