Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Roatan - unoffical checklist of birds

Old Sunday 5th March 2017, 21:10   #1
pajarito

Roatan - unoffical checklist of birds - UPDATED

Hi, all. Having scoured the internet for a checklist of Roatan birds, and having come up empty, I decided to make my own. With reference to eBirds and the new Peterson Guide to the birds of Northern Central America, I cobbled together a checklist that you are welcome to use, modify, et cetera...

NOTE - I posted this list last night and almost immediately had to edit it. It is now re-oriented so it can be folded more easily. I removed Scarlet Macaw since as far as I can tell any reports of this species on Roatan are either captive or escaped birds. A few species were missed in the first attempt, and they have been added.

I don't make any warranties with respect to this list. A number of species have only one or two reported sightings. These are shown in italics. On the other hand, given the proximity to the Honduran mainland, this list is almost certainly incomplete. Anyway, I hope it is a helpful addition. Now that I have started this little project, I would be happy to receive any corrections and/or additions.

Cheers,

John Pratt
Ottawa, Canada
Attached Files
File Type: docx Roatan Checklist.docx (30.3 KB, 351 views)

Last edited by pajarito : Monday 6th March 2017 at 17:26. Reason: Correct errors
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: