• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Big Blue Live (1 Viewer)

That's a truly dreadful presenter line-up. Of all four I've only got time for Backshall, and even he can be a bit obsessed with his physical experiences.

On the bright side James Honeyborne is a top bloke, so I'll give it a go. Fingers crossed....

John

Great to have Big Blue UK in the mornings so much better then the usual daytime shows.

I agree with what you say - daytime TV is grrrrr a tthe best of times, and the amount of over 50 Life Insurance Polices on offer - gives any 50 plus person a complex :cat:

Having breakfast and watching Big Blue go together for OH and I, along with a relaxing enjoyable start to the day.

Well, it is nearly all done and dusted now - Sunday night is the last episode of the series

The all round experience was educational to watch. Matt Baker looked completely out of place, Liz Bonnin was alright.
Hugh - is interested in his subject (he had a programme 'Fish Fight' to improve conservation of fishing a while back) I was very impressed by his great interest in the sea world.

The presenters on the whole did appear like fish out of water - but it was a great learning process to the viewer. Bits and pieces of non live films where taken from the archive, and I had seen some of them before elsewhere...BBC shortcut!!

The Wednesday morning edition about the seabirds needed a lot more coverage in general. An hour was not enough for the subject matter.
The birds that where covered where the cliff dwelling ones. The waders had little coverage along with the geese and other shore birds. I felt a little disappointed about it - a damp squid came to mind.

The one cameraman who I have never heard of Richard Taylor-Jones (or maybe I have but I have not remembered). Great photography by the way from this presenter.

If the same series came on in 2016 - I would watch it - maybe it will be the new version of Marine Springwatch/Autumnwatch each year - who knows!

Last edited:
Well, it is nearly all done and dusted now - Sunday night is the last episode of the series

The all round experience was educational to watch. Matt Baker looked completely out of place, Liz Bonnin was alright.
Hugh - is interested in his subject (he had a programme 'Fish Fight' to improve consderavation of fishing a while back) I was very impressed by his great interest in the sea world.

The presenters on the whole did appear like fish out of water - but it was a great learning process to the viewer. Bits and pieces of non live films where taken from the archive, and I had seen some of them before elsewhere...BBC shortcut!!

The Wednesday morning edition about the seabirds needed a lot more coverage in general. An hour was not enough for the subject matter.
The birds that where covered where the cliff dwelling ones. The waders had little coverage along with the geese and shore other birds. I felt a little disappointed about it - a damp squid came to mind.

The one cameraman who I have never heard of Richard Taylor-Jones (or maybe I have but I have not remembered). Great photography by the way from this presenter.

If the same series came on in 2016 - I would watch it - maybe it will be the new version of Marine Springwatch/Autumnwatch each year - who knows!

I remember Channel 4 did a show called Fox Live that was void too.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back