• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Springwatch (1 Viewer)

Me too! Proper reality tv :t:

Hope to see less badgers (they just don't show, do they?) and more small stuff like pond life....fish...butterflies o:)

I'm quite disappointed as it looks like there will be no live coverage of streaming of wildlife overnight this year after 10.00pm as I like to watch the nocturnal live coverage during the early hours and it is so relaxing and mesmerising watching the nocturnal wildlife. I suppose it's not surprising as there was no live webcams or red button coverage at of Winterwatch in January for the first time for quite a few years. They seem to be cutting back on the continuish live streaming of the webcams or red button service year on year for quite a while now, which is very sad.|:(||:(||:(|
Ian.

I was at Minsmere last week and heard some people taking about how some of the local badgers have been tagged so their locations can be tracked. The new badger fence around the Scrape looks pretty robust.

dave

I think they tagged at least one in the spring watch easter special in April.

I was at Minsmere last week and heard some people taking about how some of the local badgers have been tagged so their locations can be tracked. The new badger fence around the Scrape looks pretty robust.

dave

I enjoyed seeing the Sparrowhawk and Goshawk together. I thought Unsprung was immeasurably better with Chris presenting instead of Nick Baker. It showed just how poor Nick was at live presenting and the programme flowed so much more smoothly. I thought it seemed a lot more 'grown up' too.

Ron

I enjoyed seeing the Sparrowhawk and Goshawk together. I thought Unsprung was immeasurably better with Chris presenting instead of Nick Baker. It showed just how poor Nick was at live presenting and the programme flowed so much more smoothly. I thought it seemed a lot more 'grown up' too.

Ron

I thought Unsprung felt more relaxed then rushed as usual Chris did a great job and I enjoyed the main show too.

I'm quite disappointed as it looks like there will be no live coverage of streaming of wildlife overnight this year after 10.00pm as I like to watch the nocturnal live coverage during the early hours and it is so relaxing and mesmerising watching the nocturnal wildlife. I suppose it's not surprising as there was no live webcams or red button coverage at of Winterwatch in January for the first time for quite a few years. They seem to be cutting back on the continuish live streaming of the webcams or red button service year on year for quite a while now, which is very sad.|:(||:(||:(|
Ian.

I like these live web cams. With no running commentary or idle chit chat it makes for very relaxing watching especially before preparing for the drudgery of work. It can be somewhat theraputic and makes a pleasant change to listening or watching bad news worldwide or enduring inane, shouting morning radio presenters.

Si.

I thought some people on Unsprung were taking the contest between the sparrowhawk and goshawk a bit too seriously. It wasn't a scientific comparison - it was just an opportunity to marvel at the agility and overall brilliance of the two birds.

is Unsprung on EVERY night and accessed by pressing the red button? For some reason my tv wouldn't let me do it :C Time to bring hubby into play I think....it's what I keep him for...to make sure the gadgets work! :-O

Recorded Monday's programme and watched it tonight and caught the last 20 minutes of tonight's live (tho' did record the whole programme on Sky box so I'll catch up tomorrow afternoon) and thrilled to see small stuff getting a look in :t: Rock pool life...newts....sticklebacks tomorrow :king: Excellent!!! :t: Though I must admit Iolo chasing after Orcas was brilliant too - lucky devil!!! Orcas are on my Must-See List.

Last edited:
Though I must Iolo chasing after Orcas was brilliant too - lucky devil!!! Orcas are on my Must-See List.
Yes, that was wonderful. He was genuinely excited. There was no way that was put on for the cameras. I enjoyed Martin's feature on the Kittiwakes too and full marks to him for pronouncing Lowestoft correctly as 'Lowstoft' rather than 'Lowastoft'.

Ron

Yes, that was wonderful. He was genuinely excited. There was no way that was put on for the cameras. I enjoyed Martin's feature on the Kittiwakes too and full marks to him for pronouncing Lowestoft correctly as 'Lowstoft' rather than 'Lowastoft'.

Ron

There are some groups of animals that automatically generate excitement and cetaceans are among them! I used to think TV presenters put it on, but seeing them for real is special. I can remember hanging with one hand off the edge of a boat going at full speed with the hand holding taking photos of breaching common dolphins that swam alongside us, something I'll never forget!

Tonight's episode seemed a bit lightweight, can't really say anything stood out. Hopefully this'll be the weakest episode of the series and it'll get better again.

Did anyone else note the "goofs" on Monday's show.... first we had the "knowledgeable" Martin commentating over the Scrape webcam describing an Avocet as being a previously rare species that had recovered due to preventative action true and nowt wrong there, but as we watched, he dismissed the bird behind it as just a goose, when it was in fact a Barnacle Goose, which is probably less common than the Avocet........:eek!:
The second was a little later when CP and MS were talking on the decking in front of the reed bed and quite loudly and unmistakably a male Bittern was booming behind them but no reference was made to it....:eek!: So you can understand my ire when tonight CP comes back in shot saying he'd been unlucky in his search for a booming Bittern... I nearly burst the wife's eardrums shouting at the telly.. "what about that one behind you on Monday night"... it was almost a pantomime...... ;)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back