• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa Genesis, nobody bought a pair?? (1 Viewer)

jad29

wow, there was quite a discussion on the scope forum about the new Kowa scopes, but hardly a word mentioned about there binos? If you have gave them a look I would be interested to hear what you though of them

thanks

I seem to remember all of the specs being very attractive (was weight an issue?) but the price was going be way up there with the ELs and Ultravids. Though they do offer the latest designs and the highest image quality the price puts them out of most people's reach. I know Kowa is known for their scopes (two of my semi-regular birding companions use them) but I do not know how much name recognition they carry in the binocular arena.

They are available from Eagle Optics. The prices are less than initial expectations, but still very high. I find the weight and FOV specs unattractive.
--AP

Genesis = XD

There have been two earlier threads on the topic further down. Both of them died down rather quickly because there just does not seem anyone who has any major experience. So it has boiled down to:
1- They are too heavy.
2- There is some confusion because Kowa managed to ignore international discussion groups. So the same product has different names depending where it is sold. There had been similar things going on in earlier days in the field of 35 mm SLR cameras. It had never helped the manufacturers! :egghead:

KOWA XD44 (prominar or genesis) UK imports or what

A bit puzzled by these as a well known UK internet company is advertising and selling them as we speak yet communicating/talking to the official UK importers this morning via their website they haven't taken delivery yet.

Anyone know different?

PYRTLE said:
A bit puzzled by these as a well known UK internet company is advertising and selling them as we speak yet communicating/talking to the official UK importers this morning via their website they haven't taken delivery yet.

Anyone know different?

AFAIK Kowa Europe start delivery in April.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back