• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

upcoming holiday to mid west wales (1 Viewer)

Paul Longland

I will be spending the upcoming half term holiday week (13-20 oct) in New Quay Nr cardigan in wales and wondered if anyone has any tips for potential good birding spots in the area as it not a part of wales I have visited before (except for a brief school biology field trip to Aberystwyth/Ynyslas back in the late seventies).

This is a family/friends holiday so birding will mainly be restricted to whatever may cross my path, or places where there will be something of interest to others (we are all keen walkers/enjoyers of the countryside) but it never hurts to put yourself in the right places. I may be able to wrangle the odd short foray out by myself for an early morning sea watch or similar. Any tips greatly received.

Cheers

I will be spending the upcoming half term holiday week (13-20 oct) in New Quay Nr cardigan in wales and wondered if anyone has any tips for potential good birding spots in the area as it not a part of wales I have visited before (except for a brief school biology field trip to Aberystwyth/Ynyslas back in the late seventies).

This is a family/friends holiday so birding will mainly be restricted to whatever may cross my path, or places where there will be something of interest to others (we are all keen walkers/enjoyers of the countryside) but it never hurts to put yourself in the right places. I may be able to wrangle the odd short foray out by myself for an early morning sea watch or similar. Any tips greatly received.

Cheers

Hi Paul. Strumble Head might be worth a visit if it's not too late. I'm part of a WhatsApp birding group in South Wales with regular updates from that area. I'll post if anything interesting has been seen.

Rich

Hi Paul. Strumble Head might be worth a visit if it's not too late. I'm part of a WhatsApp birding group in South Wales with regular updates from that area. I'll post if anything interesting has been seen.

Rich

Cheers Rich. Thought you might be all over this one as its not far from your neck of the woods.

Hoping to catch up with a few chough while in the area. If we get a few westerlies might blow something interesting in

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back