• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From the sketchbook... (4 Viewers)

Just about there bar a couple of finishing touches...

Will post a better image tommorow when I have some natural light to use.

Attachments

• BTD.jpg
    BTD.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 120
Ooooh - Bravo! Well done Alan, you've really cracked this one. Colours are superb - the greens DO work really well and the birds are just great. Excellent composition to boot - one of your very best, I think!
Very, very nice indeed - defo one for the framers (and your gallery, whichever that may be).

superb, really satisfying to see the finished result. Agree with Tim, this is one of your very best. Love it.

Missed the progression yesterday so I've got it all in one go today! Tim has stolen the words from my keyboard. Absolutely brilliant!

Woody

Finished Painting...

Better quality image of finished canvas and a few details of painting...Much better rendition of colours here.

Happy with this one in the end, anxieties over the green water proved to be unfounded and the whole thing came together rather easily in the end. Enjoyed painting this one, no wrestling required! If only they could all work out like that...

Attachments

• BTD.jpg
    BTD.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 106
  • BTD1.jpg
    BTD1.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 85
  • BTD2.jpg
    BTD2.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 77
  • BTD3.jpg
    BTD3.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 92
  • BTD4.jpg
    BTD4.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 95
Hi Buzzard

What can I say, but WOWWW, your paintings are super, fantastic.

They are not too overworked either in my eyes.

Noticed that are a lover of Divers through your Aviator

Keep on doing what you are at the moment. :t:

Regards
Kathy

Thanks for all the encouragemnt to all during the Divers, much appreciated.

Fancy doing a few watercolours, so have sketched out a Wheatear male from Landsort this spring to work on over the next few days. Doodling this afternoon in a sketchbook on the couch and came up with this Merlin, also an old page from last year of Little Gulls that I'm looking at again.
Off to work for the moment, always seems to get in the way when I just want to paint!

Attachments

• IMG_2945.jpg
    IMG_2945.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_2954.jpg
    IMG_2954.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls. Yes, I love little gulls.

do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls do the gulls. Yes, I love little gulls.
Ha ha ha ha hah ahahahahaahahahahahahaha - ahahahagreeeed!

Mmm, nothing like immy little gulls! Give the boy a rap so that he'll stop repeating himself, and get this painted up quick!

Wheatear Male; Landsort; Watercolour.

Just finished this one, a male Wheatear from the sketchbook earlier in the year, Landsort, April I think.
Again the original sketch is here on the thread in an earlier post, again the photo isn't great due to artificial light, will post a more accurate photo colourwise in the Artwork and Graphics Gallery tomorrow.

Attachments

• Wheatear Watercolour 1.jpg
    Wheatear Watercolour 1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
lovely, the contrast between the smooth glowing bird and the rough dark rocks, reminds me of watching the first wheatears on the cliffs in Aberystwyth.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back