• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding in Rolla, Missouri (1 Viewer)

buckskin hawk

Oklahoma Birder
Missourians, where in or near Rolla can I bird? I am going to a cross country track meet and may be able to get in a couple of hours at some city park or other close place.

Thanks

buckskin hawk said:
Missourians, where in or near Rolla can I bird? I am going to a cross country track meet and may be able to get in a couple of hours at some city park or other close place.

Thanks

If you have transportation I recommend Lane Springs, (look for the sign on the right side of Hwy 63 driving South) which is about 10 miles South of Rolla on Hwy 63 N. This is National Forest land on the Little Piney Creek and some of the best birding in this area, warblers, woodpeckers, Vireo, hawks, etc. Many trails and excellent habitat.

Enjoy your birding experience in the Ozarks.
Mike Doyen

Thanks for the information. If I don't make it this time, I am sure I will get another opportunity to go agian. Sounds like I'll be making several trips to Rolla.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back