• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Televue Powermate (1 Viewer)

They all look ok but no great leap forward compared to the zoom lens telenegatives I've been trying out. The 5X televue ones look ok though and may offer an option to anyone needing such a high magnification. Hope to see some more from him.

Paul.

Yep, you are right. I haven't seen anything giving any better detail resolution with magnification than your shots with the telenegatives. Which is good news, because they are much cheaper!

Only his TV PM 4X he mention as 2". Does it means his 2X and 5X are all 1.25"? The 1.25" TV PM looks so long and I always doubt if it will cause vignetting if inserted into the extension tube.

TV PM used doesn't cost that much at around US$70 per piece though one only need to pay a little more to get a brand new one.

He must have bionic eyes to be able to focus with a 5X . The sun seems quite bright too as most of his shots at 4X and 5X are taken at 1/200 or 1/250s ISO800 only.

I have 2.5x on 1.25" barrel and it vignettes a little in the corners on 1.5 crop sensors.
2.5x and 5x are on 1.25", 2x and 4x are on 2", but I think 2" is to heavy.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back