• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What camera? (2 Viewers)

petronius123

Hello everybody.

Please help me. What camera is better for digiscoping ?
Olympus OMD ED Mark 2
Sony A 6000
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7
The pros of each camera are, for Olympus image stabilization, for Sony a larger senzor and for Panasonic the 4k video capabilities. Also focus peaking is a big advantage for Oly and Sony, I don"t know if Panasonic has it. Cons would be for Oly and Panasonic more noise at high ISO and no touch screen for Sony.
Tell me if I am correct. So what camera should I buy?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Check out DPreview.com for their camera reviews and studio comparisons. Its a great tool for comparing image quality in both Raw and Jpg formats. They will also have all of the specs regarding sensor size, fps, video, etc. Its a wonderful site and may help you decide. I use the Sony a6300 and prefer it over the Panasonic GH4 for digiscoping.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back