• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Insurance for audio device (1 Viewer)

Saxatilis

Hello all,

I was planning to buy an expensive digital recorder to leave outdoors - it is weatherproof however-, in woodland or fields not owned by me (public or private), working for several days.

I see the risk that this device can be stolen or damaged albeit camouflaged.
So I was thinking of a a special insurance for devices, a matter that I never dealt with before.

Any opinion/suggestion?

Thank you in advance!

In the UK, this would be covered by regular house insurance if you insure for 'contents', even my telescope and binoculars are.

A

In the UK, this would be covered by regular house insurance if you insure for 'contents', even my telescope and binoculars are.

A
You might find its not covered by your house insurance as it was left unattended. Your insurer might take the view you had not taken reasonable care to look after it

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

You might find its not covered by your house insurance as it was left unattended. Your insurer might take the view you had not taken reasonable care to look after it

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

The poster was talking about insuring a device away from the home as I understand it. Most policies allow a holiday away from home without penalty as long as you're not gone for months otherwise, why have insurance?

All my optics, camera and laptops are covered by the home policy during travel.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back