• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID help required please (1 Viewer)

Edwin Sapatsch

England
My boys have just returned from Gran Canaria and had a good trip. This bird caused some confusion there, and since returning, back here too.

Yellow or Citrine?

IMG_1030 cropped.jpg

IMG_1033 cropped.jpg

IMG_1073 cropped.jpg

With pre thanks

nb. Just realised this has been posted in the wrong thread....Mod please adjust. Thanks

Last edited:
Appreciated. This one is not down to me but my two youngsters Aaron & Alexander Sapatsch (11 & 15 )who only started following me birding seriously abot 2 years ago and I am very pleased with their interest. Aaron has the keen eye & Bins and Alex is ever ready with the Canon.

Aaron phoned with excitement having found a Great Grey Shrike hunting at Maspalomas dunes, Gran Canaria, and I suggested he head West where he would find the waters of La Charca which looked pretty promising from a Google in London. The two of them could not positively identify a Wagtail but were pretty convinced it was a a Citrine from their field guides even though I had cast my doubts over the phone and suggested plenty of Pics which the bird, it turns out, was more than willing to pose for. There are enough of them.

They had a great trip and they're chuffed with their field ID as am I and a report will definitely be submitted. Thanks to all...we're just off to hit the cooler Marshes of Essex together.

Last edited:
Appreciated. This one is not down to me but my two youngsters Aaron & Alexander Sapatsch (11 & 15 )who only started following me birding seriously abot 2 years ago and I am very pleased with their interest. Aaron has the keen eye & Bins and Alex is ever ready with the Canon.

Aaron phoned with excitement having found a Great Grey Shrike hunting at Maspalomas dunes, Gran Canaria, and I suggested he head West where he would find the waters of La Charca which looked pretty promising from a Google in London. The two of them could not positively identify a Wagtail but were pretty convinced it was a a Citrine from their field guides even though I had cast my doubts over the phone and suggested plenty of Pics which the bird, it turns out, was more than willing to pose for. There are enough of them.

They had a great trip and they're chuffed with their field ID as am I and a report will definitely be submitted. Thanks to all...we're just off to hit the cooler Marshes of Essex together.

That's fantastic Edwin, thanks for sharing your story! Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back