Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Kestrel's Eye - A unique bird film.

Old Tuesday 6th March 2007, 14:45   #1
rozinante
Anarchism is order

Kestrel's Eye - A unique bird film.

I have done a search for this title but have been surprised to find no reference to Kestrel's Eye (Falkens ga) even though its been out a few years.

I found this film absolutly spellbinding. I think anyone with a love of and interest in wild birds will too. While not setting out to specifically inform the viewer about the birds directly, the gentle paced intimate portrait allows you to absorb the detail in a deeper way than many more technical documentaries.

The best dialog in a film since Koyanisquatsi and a narration to surpass even David Attenborough. (there is in fact no dialog or narration at all!)

I have only been able to find a region 1 version and have been having some problems running it region free on my pc. Others have no problem though.

This up-close-and-personal examination of the lives of this kestrel family would be fascinating enough, but Kristersson also turns his cameras out, away from the church, for the kestrels' take on the people around them that becomes almost a bird's documentary about the mysterious behavior of humans.
http://tinyurl.com/2a34qr

I am sure anyone seeing it will not be disappointed. I just wish that there was a whole series on other species to follow.

Link to amazon though it is only available from USA:-

http://tinyurl.com/2yhfvm

Last edited by rozinante : Tuesday 6th March 2007 at 14:48.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: