• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Unusual Pictures (1 Viewer)

snowyowl

I didn't know what to call this thread so settled for Unusual Pictures, I'm sure we all have pictures that we think might interest other people but aren't necessarily of great quality. It's a rainy day here and so I started to do some post-processing on pictures that I've taken during the last few weeks and ran across these.
The first picture shows one of the decoys being used to entice Common Terns to possible nesting sites (Common Terns are aconcern in my area because of the loss of nesting sites). This decoy has certainly brought in a tern although whether it is nesting I don't know.
The second & third pictures are of an immature Bald Eagle within a few feet of a Great Blue Heron. The birds were quite a distance from me, on the far side of a tidal river. I counted 50 GBHs and 12 Bald Eagles along that shore on that particular morning. The two species seemed to be completely oblivious to each others presence.
It may not be a great thread but it beats some iof the crap that's flying on another thread right now. ;)

Attachments

• DSCN6882.2.JPG
    DSCN6882.2.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN6894.2.JPG
    DSCN6894.2.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCN6898.2.JPG
    DSCN6898.2.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 167
some cracking pics there folks. the geese looked pretty strange btw!!!

that young eagle is awesome, what a size compared to the huge heron.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back