• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Harrier book illustrations..... (2 Viewers)

Beautiful work Keith, particularly like the way that all your harriers drift over the landscape, just the way that the real birds do.

Mike

Well, I've been busy with mainly farming scenes, but here's one of a Snowy Owl just finished.... and one of me at work as well.....
The painting was worked up from photographs that I'd taken of my captive bird a couple of years ago when we had a decent fall of snow.

Keith.

Attachments

• Snowy Owl.JPG
    Snowy Owl.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2582.JPG
    IMG_2582.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 76
Excellent piece, Keith! Unfortunately I haven't seen any of these birds this season in our area - they are only sporadic winter visitors to our area.

Well, I've been busy with mainly farming scenes, but here's one of a Snowy Owl just finished.... and one of me at work as well.....
The painting was worked up from photographs that I'd taken of my captive bird a couple of years ago when we had a decent fall of snow.

Keith.

suer owl pic- I've been admiring amongst the other good things things the discipline you have shown in keeping the backlighting true and so the eyes in shadow

superb piece of work! Is the working space photo staged or is it really that tidy?

I just recently had the roof of my artshed repaired so everything had to be cleared out, and then reinstated.... so things are quite tidy at the moment. It's great having a tidy working space, but I suspect it won't last!

Keith.

suer owl pic- I've been admiring amongst the other good things things the discipline you have shown in keeping the backlighting true and so the eyes in shadow

Thanks. I was itching to create some nice bright highlights in the eyes - it's surprising just how dark I had to make them!

Keith.

That's a real beauty Kieth, now Tim will know what he's looking for! ;)

Mike
Ahem - cheeky lad! ;)
You may recall I connected (eventually) with one a year or two ago. I want this one in my garden so I shall be out early morning doing little backflips and squeeking like a lemming - that should do the trick :t:

Ahem - cheeky lad! ;)
You may recall I connected (eventually) with one a year or two ago. I want this one in my garden so I shall be out early morning doing little backflips and squeeking like a lemming - that should do the trick :t:

Somebody's gotta film that!

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back