• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camp site near Bridges of Ross (1 Viewer)

Dave Hawkins

Dear diary, what a day it's been...
Please could any one tell if they know of a camp site within say 20 minutes of Bridges of Ross.

Preferably a small quiet site rather than an all singing dancing commercial one?

Though any info gratefully recieved!

Dave Hawkins

Last edited:
The car park at The Bridges itself - it's picturesque, secluded, quiet and free. It's done me for the last six years (or a car or nearby barn). Washing/toilet facilities can be used discretely nearby at The Lighhouse Pub or Keatings Bar.

The car park at The Bridges itself - it's picturesque, secluded, quiet and free. It's done me for the last six years (or a car or nearby barn). Washing/toilet facilities can be used discretely nearby at The Lighhouse Pub or Keatings Bar.

Thanks for this info Rich. I will be with my wife and we have a big tent (coming over on the ferry for a week of sea watching, so will have a reasonable amount of gear with us). We don't mind basic camping but our sleeping in the car days are over!

How far away is the pub B :) :eat: ........... toilet :-@ ........... and water supply :t:?

Many thanks!

Dave

Last edited:
How far away is the pub B :) :eat:
I've not camped there, but the pub would be a bit of a walk, more so when coming back, if one had overindulged...

........... toilet :-@

I've usually had to wait until nobody was looking and take a quick leak (after leaving the seawatching spot, of course), there could be even more problems if one had to do much more! :eek!:

........... and water supply :t:?
There's a shop in Kilbaha...

Ok, thanks for the info guys.

It sounds as though my long suffering wife :girl: o:) will need somewhere a little more convenient and private :flowers:if you get my drift.

Are there any simple campsites with basic toilet and water supply within 20 minutes drive of The Bridges??

Cheers

Dave

Ok, now that my rather tongue-in-cheek suggestion has been (politely) dismissed, I’ll try and be a little more helpful! Though I’ll be using the car park/barn again this August...

As Tom says, have a little look around Kilkee and Carrigaholt – these are the two nearest places to The Bridges where you could find a campsite: -
http://www.clare.ie/members/listing.php?id=495 (same as Tom’s suggestion)
http://www.thelongdock.com/carrigaholt_useful_info.htm (try Rahona Lodge)
http://www.holidayinclare.ie/camp_en.html (a couple more in Kilkee)

Cheers and good birding
Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back