• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upgrading tripod head (1 Viewer)

josika

I have a Sirui r-2214 tripod recently purchased and am looking to replace the mvh400 befree head. My scope is a Swarovski ats 65. I am considering the Sirui va-5 or the Manfrotto meh 500. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ben.

Agree with OhWeh that the 510 would be ideal for the ATS 65 and I see that Berlebach have a dealer in Victoria.
However, it might be better to order directly as the ATS 65 is very tail-heavy and would profit from a longer plate.
I have an ATM 65 and a Berlebach 552 head. Berlebach customized a 117 mm plate at no extra charge. It has a 5 mm anti-rotation pin at the other end and a shortened 3/8" fixing screw (I don't like adapters and the blind hole in the Swarovski foot is absurdly shallow).
I would be happy to mediate with Berlebach, so give me a PM if you decide to go this route.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back