• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best day so far! (1 Viewer)

Chilt

Hey guys! So I’m a casual bird watcher, my life list is only 69 after about a year or so, I used to bird watch about 7 years ago and always wanted to see a kingfisher.. Never happened!

Today was the day! Went to the place of a known kingfisher spot.
Got there and nothing.. Again! :( but then a blue flash of light! Got my binoculars out and saw the little beauty dive into the water and grab a fish.

This has to be 100% the best day of my bird watching so far! So pleased!

Just thought I’d share!

Thanks for reading
Chilt

You will never, ever forget that moment Chilt!!! You'll actually be able to remember everything about the day.

Always a thrill to see a Kingfisher anyway.... they're stunning wee birds, aren't they. I bet you didn't think they were really that small did you?;)

Chilt: you "got your binoculars out"?

Where were they?!

Never ever 'put them away'.

Forever in your hands!

Nice experience - first Kingfishers are unforgettable,

Cheers

H

I knew they wasn’t big but it’s that bright blue! They have always been my favourite bird!

Thanks
Chilt

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back