• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leupold Yosemite 8x30 available in the UK? (1 Viewer)

gweller

Anyone got any ideas where I can get a pair of Yosemite 8x30's in the UK? I'd rather get them locally if possible, than by ordering them mail order from the States

Thanks!
Gary

Anyone got any ideas where I can get a pair of Yosemite 8x30's in the UK? I'd rather get them locally if possible, than by ordering them mail order from the States
I don't think there is anywhere, Gary. Rother Valley Optics has the 6x30 for £82—not much more than twice the US price. If their prices don't give you a nosebleed and if you can stand the idea of 6x magnification, the 6x is excellent.

Michael.

I don't think there is anywhere, Gary. Rother Valley Optics has the 6x30 for £82—not much more than twice the US price. If their prices don't give you a nosebleed and if you can stand the idea of 6x magnification, the 6x is excellent.

Michael.

The 6x is excellent, but it is ridiculous to have to pay that much. Though you have to compare shipping costs when you order from the US. For Switzerland, I ended up with total costs the equivalent of about £55 including the binoculars, shipping and customs/VAT. But I could also have paid well over £72! And that by buying from a discounter. Compared with that, those £82 are no longer that excessive.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back