• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

small spiders.... [pics] (1 Viewer)

maxfoto2003

hallo gang

just wanted to give my new camera a try.... there were two really small spider here that I captures. hope you like the pics and maybe there is someone who can tell me what they are

Attachments

• p8020156.jpg
    p8020156.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 229
Hello Mariette. Not so small I think, around 2cm in length (body)?

Anyway, it's the Garden Orb-web spider Araneus diadematus though not always just found in gardens! This one is the female, the males have a much smaller abdomen (backside) and look leggier.

2 cm?? no the body is really small.. I just tried to measure and it was about 7 mm (body without legs) but thanks for the ID!

Don't worry Marriette, they do grow to be huge, August end sees them absolutely huge, This is the month of growth, I promise!! Nina.

I'll have to speed up my typing, locating which book to get the latin names from, as I knew the common name but do like to add the latin for other people, but I need to look up this and have beside the PC three great big tomes for reference, and four or five smaller guides to:- wild flowers, butterflies,wildlife and european butterflies and flowers.
What do you use? Other than your eyes!! Nina.

Some reference books, the internet (usually google) and very occasionally, my memory. I seem to remember things that I'm really interested in. Like you though I had to check the scientific name.:t:

Last edited:
My memory is not what it used to be, so now most work is from reference rather than memory, IS this what they call failing pixels in the head? Nina.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back