• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cromatic faults (1 Viewer)

skipper2

I need some help!
I use the cp4500 with the swarovski ATS 80 HD (20-60xS). Cable release and adapter are selfmade but working fine.
I found comatic faults as shown on the picture below. What is it and how can I avoid it!
Thanks Tom

Attachments

• example.jpg
    example.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 340
Tom - on behalf of Admin and all the Moderators, welcome to Bird Forum.

You've certainly come to the right place for answers to questions such as this. I'm sure someone with more knowledge on this subject will give you some expert advice, but I do know that this is common in digital photography- and it happens to a greater or lesser extent depending on the camera. I think it happens with subjects against sky and dark areas next to light areas. I think eveyone suffers from this.

One thing you can try is to clone it out in whatever image editing programme you use.

Hi Tom
Life's not perfect... nor are the Nikon cameras used for digiscoping (nor is digiscopiing perfect).
Much of this problem is down to the camera, though the Swarovski scopes aren't 100% free of chromatic aberration. As Diane says, you'll find this effect on high contrast edges.

It's very simple to repair in Photoshop ... usually a dab with the sponge tool set on desaturate should make it far less visible.

Have a look at my webpage http://www.digiscoped.com/Digiscopingwithphotoshop.html
There are some simple fixes for colour fringing/bloom here.

Regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back