• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swift #807 Hawk 8x42 binoculars (3 Viewers)

sps7

I am trying to get the specs on these binoculars I bought (Swift #807 8x42) It appears they were made prior to 2006 (According to Swift, who I called) Any help would be appreciated. Also...What did they cost, when were they sold, etc... Thanks.

Hi sps7 and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

I've moved your thread to the Swift section of the Binocular sub-forum. I've also subscribed you to this thread so you'll get email notifications on any responses. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard, SPS7.

It would help to know the serial number, but the 8x42 Model 807 Hawk was sold in the early 1990s. In 1993 it cost $335.00 compared to the standard Swift 804 Audubon at $475. For Swift, it's an early roof prism, but I'm not sure whether the prisms were P-coated (i.e., phase coated). If not it would have a darker image than today's products.

I've attached a picture of pg.10 from the 1993 Swift catalog.

Enjoy,
Ed

Attachments

• Trilyte Hawk Binoculars.jpg
    Trilyte Hawk Binoculars.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 297
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back