• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seemingly the bird of the moment.. (2 Viewers)

Adam,
Just been admiring your latest field work - quite sensational. I love the form you've created on the Red-foot; its gorgeous. Superb Alpine Acc, too. This standard of sketching is what I'd love to achieve some day - it's right up their with the best I've seen.

I must check out some more.

Russ

Thought I had commented on these, must of just gawped and forgotten to do so. Really top class work Ads, Red Foots are solid, well drawn pages which have the effect of making one wish they could have been there to see the bird, just mouthwatering. The Accentors are just as good, love the little bit of colour and the habitat drawing.
Cant say much more than thouroughly enjoyed looking at these, makes one want to get out and sketch. I could do with a birding holiday...

Thanks for the kind words guys - appreciate every one of them. Will post some more holiday sketches soon but am working on something for the SWLA - a bit different than what I usually submit so hopefully they'll like it.....but you never know with them!!!

Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome, I love your work it is amazing!!

A stunner from a few days ago.....

White-tailed Lapwing (Large).jpgWhite-tailed Lapwing (1) (Large).jpgWhite-tailed Lapwing (2) (Large).jpg

PS The upper right hand bird in pic1 hasn't got a pin-sized head, the page is bending away!!!! :-O

Adam,
Forgive me for salivating! Special sketches!
Not seen WTL before, and we are WWT members, and are regulars at Slimbridge.
After seeing your beautiful sketches I'm getting a bit itchy to go battle with the crowds.
If it sticks around that is.
If not, I'll be more than happy with oogling these wonders here!
Brilliant!

Cheers Phil but if you can go, do so! Seen plenty in winter in India over the years but this one was in mostly summer plumage and looked great...

Cor!!!! What a super-special treat - the bird is a beauty, the drawings quite sublime. You get a very true sense of sharing the moments of discovery and the more developed drawings could be printed as plates as they stand. Said it before - Awesome.

Wow, another set of simply superb studies. WTP caught in all its glory. Lovely shapes and form again, and the feeding action has been well and truly nailed. Hell, even the legs (will I ever be able to get them right?) are spot on.

Inspirational stuff.

Russ

Cheers all, appreciate every word. So here's the last 2..and got bored so splashed some colour on the other one (and noticed the legs were a bit too long - doh!)....

White-tailed Lapwing (2a) (Large).jpgWhite-tailed Lapwing (3) (Large).jpgWhite-tailed Lapwing (4) (Large).jpg

Didn't get to Slimbridge to see it, but now I feel like I did. Stunning work. I want to show these to anyone who wants to know why they should draw from life and not from photos.

Didn't get to Slimbridge to see it, but now I feel like I did. Stunning work. I want to show these to anyone who wants to know why they should draw from life and not from photos.

A rich example they are too.

Simply put, these are wonderful. Looks like it might walk of my monitor and fly out the window. Fieldsketching of the very highest calibre, a pleasure to view them...

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back