• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My wildlife art (1 Viewer)

Hi Nature, There's some very encouaraging stuff here. Some of the shanjk and avocet poses are really well caught. I can only echo what Phil says - keep going. I can stress, albeit after only a very short time of sketching compared to some guys on this forum, that this is the only way to do it, unless there is some 'magic formula' out there! If someone finds it, please let me know!

Regards

Russ

Bucketloads of potential in these drawings NL. As the others have said, just keep on doing what you're doing and it gets better and better!

Mike

Nice and prolific group of field sketches! The young woodpecker is well done also - I had the chance two years ago to find an active nest just before the birds fledged. Quite a busy and noisy scene which you've captured here.

Very nice woodie, NL. Unlike myself, you can certainly paint a bit, so I'm really looking forward to seeing you make a splash on your field sketches.
Who, knows you may well have provided me with that elusive bit of inspiration!

Russ

Thank you everyone! glad you like the woodpecker!
I want to try adding some colour to my field sketches at some point. might get round to it this weekend.

Another painting! it hasn't came out like I wanted it to, but I thought I'd post everything I do anyway, whether I like it or not!

Starling fledgling amongst purple lilacs
PICT0001.JPG

any feedback/criticism would be appreciated as always!

Last edited:
Did some field sketches yesterday, and decided to splash some colour on when I got home.
This is my first time doing this so I'd love some feedback

ringed plover
PICT0001.JPG

mallard drakes and tufted ducks dozing
PICT0002.JPG

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back