• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Artists for Nature Foundation – Sark (1 Viewer)

timwootton

Returned yesterday from the wonderful Channel Island of Sark, having been invited as a delegate by the Artists for Nature Foundation (http://www.artistsfornature.com/). Although I was expecting to have to work for my corn, I never realised the amount of pressure, mainly self-imposed I grant you, that the visit would entail. Staying at the rather marvellous La Seigneurie was an experience never to forget, however and sharing digs with a certain Mike Warren also jollied things along somewhat.
I’ll make a detailed write-up on the blog just as soon as I get a spare moment – there’s much to tell – meanwhile here’s a selection of work; Sharpies, charcoals, watercolours and On The Hoof all in the same thread – sorry!
Meanwhile – more about the project can be found on Rosie’s website (http://rosanneguille.wordpress.com/artists-nature-sark/).

Attachments

• DSCN7000.JPG
    DSCN7000.JPG
    183.8 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN7002.JPG
    DSCN7002.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN7005.JPG
    DSCN7005.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN7006.JPG
    DSCN7006.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCN7012.JPG
    DSCN7012.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 94
. . .

Attachments

• DSCN7013.JPG
    DSCN7013.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN7016.JPG
    DSCN7016.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN7007.JPG
    DSCN7007.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN7026.JPG
    DSCN7026.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN7008.JPG
    DSCN7008.JPG
    175.5 KB · Views: 69
a couple more

Attachments

• DSCN7029.JPG
    DSCN7029.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN7032.JPG
    DSCN7032.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN7036.JPG
    DSCN7036.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN7041.JPG
    DSCN7041.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSCN7063.JPG
    DSCN7063.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 82
last for now . .

Attachments

• DSCN7037.JPG
    DSCN7037.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 72
  • DSCN7038.JPG
    DSCN7038.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCN7039.JPG
    DSCN7039.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN7042.JPG
    DSCN7042.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN7062.JPG
    DSCN7062.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 76
Wellcome back Tim!
What an amazing amount of work!
You 've got your well deserved place in this wonderful talented family of
"Artists for Nature"!

Paschalis

You belong to that stellar group....such a great pleasure to see sketches flow from life to paper with such grace.

phenomenal work - the excitement of being in new surroundings with other artists has really pushed you far in your interpretations of what you saw. Interesting, I also have a wheatear and swallow pic to get done!

phenomenal work - the excitement of being in new surroundings with other artists has really pushed you far in your interpretations of what you saw. Interesting, I also have a wheatear and swallow pic to get done!

And Toadstools?

What a piece that is, never in my champ have I seen hirundines, fungi, Pipits and Wheatears depicted together...

Its all brilliant mate, those Peregrines are top drawer..

Looks like a wonderful trip...

Hey Tim, what a great opportunity for you to be able to work with ANF. And a well-deserved one. It's nice to see you using so many of your different styles while there, including the sharpies. Those sharpies look like they're becoming a real natural for you.

Have to come back later for a more thorough look.

Brilliant! The peregrine stuff just needs framing as it is, totally full of life! Looks like you had a great trip and the inspiration from being with the other artists has pushed you to some of your best work.

Mike

Aahh, so that's where you've been the last couple o week! Breathtakingly good, all of this. Wheatears, hirundines and Perry are superb. There's nowt like stunning field work to get the, ahem, juices flowing! Looking forward to much more!

Russ

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back