• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Doupod Required. (1 Viewer)

shezza

Hi all I am looking for a Uni-loc Duopod or something similar, but I am having no luck. I cant seem to make contact with Uni-loc!
Does anyone know if they are still in business, or know of a similar device (stabilizer leg for the bottom of a monopod)

Neither sorry to say. The one that I am after is made by Uni-loc and is called a Duopod.
It fastens to the bottom part of the monopod and you can then steady the monopod by putting ones foot on the plate. I have tried the web site and phone numbers but to no avail,although someone assures me that the company is still there!

Fold down foot

Shezza,

Kenmof61's bit of lateral thinking is exactly the direction I took.

I use a Nikon ED50 on a monopod for almost all my birding and I wondered if the fold-down foot was worth it. I bought the monopod kenmof61 has pointed to over a year ago (when it was around £7 !). The same thing is available re-badged from lots of other places. As proof of concept it works very well. The worst movement using a monopod is twist, or rotation about the longitudinal axis, and it's the hardest to control. A fold down foot eliminates it. Monostat has come to the same conclusion and it sells a special foot with rotational resistance- but they only sell it on their own monopods, and it's pricey.

However, the fold down foot from 7 day shop et al suffers from a sloppy connection between the fold down foot and the bottom of the monopod. The hole is over-sized, and prone to wear, so you have to twist the monopod to take out the slop before putting your foot on the foot.

I solved this by taking the foot off and making a laminated plywood attachment with a hole that was a tighter fit and clamped on the bottom of my Velbon monopod.

Regards

Mark

Last edited:
Thanks kenmof61 But I already have the monopod,and the Duopod adds better stability.
See www.uniloctripod.com Its just that the phone number doesn't seem to go anywhere.But I am assured they are still in business.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back