• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Seoul - looking for information (1 Viewer)

abizid

Hi,

I am going to Seoul in two weeks and would like to spend a week-end birding there. Does anyone know how to reach Cheorwon (I am not sure if I can see the cranes without hiring a guide and a car) and if I would have a good chance to see cranes there around the 10th of November?
By looking at the other threads, I see the Uiwang and Gangwha are nice locations too.
Many thanks

Abdel

ended up going to Cheolwon and Uiwang.
Cheolwon is a very nice place for birds, but birding there was not very satisfying as the only tour would do the DMZ and not stop on the right spots. Still got White-naped and red-crowned from the bus, and white-naped in flight while others were watching movies on the "nasty" north korean...
Uiwang is a bit developed, but has some nice mixed countryside and small forest patches, which help the diversity of the birding there. Unfortunately, it is currently being developed, which will certainly impact the bird quality in the future. Saw hawfinches, several bunting species and an Eurasian Spoonbill.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back