• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Visiting Doxy Marsh (1 Viewer)

Abbeybirder

I hope to be visiting Doxy Marsh on Wednesday for the SEO and Cattle egret I would also like more information on the reserve what else could I Possibly see around the place and what are the nearest bus stops to the reserve please?

Ive attached a map/route/sightings location for Doxey Marshes, which I hope you will find of help

I have no idea of the Bus routes, but there must be one on Eccleshell Road.

Start from "X" and proceed downWootton Drive, second right down Levedale Close, go through gap between houses at end of road then follow the path marked in orange.

Good Hunting
Richard
PS Stonechats also seen regularly

Attachments

• New_1_DSCF8242.JPG
    New_1_DSCF8242.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Sorry about the late reply but I managed to have a great day at the Marshes will be returning everytime I visit my sister who live just the other side of the motorway.
On the SEO I was waiting with around 15 birders from the Octagon hide to the Gate with the weather getting colder by the minute just before 16.00 hours most of them decided to leave as they were saying it was too cold and myself and 2 others decided to hang around for another 15 minutes and guess what at 16.05 their was excitement as I managed to lock onto the SEO in the distance it did come closer but was still a little to far away to get any good photographs did manage some very, very poor record shots though.
Also seen on the day were Great White Egret, Cattle Egret, Little Egret, Water Pipit, Shelduck, Snipe & Water rail

Glad you had a successful day, you need to wrap up well when visiting here.
I went yesterday, had all the Egrets, but missed out on the SEO (waited until 4.15) and the Water Pipit, We had one unexpected bird which was a pleasant surprise- a Woodcock flew out and circled in the gloom.

Richard

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back