Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Canon 8x20 IS: Initial impression

Old Sunday 29th December 2019, 15:00   #51
Binastro

Thank you Patriot,

The Duracell battery was bought from Duracell and is a genuine Duracell battery.
I actually bought two, but only have installed the first.
The charger and phone are genuine Nokia.

I really think that the problem is outside malevalent forces.
Either someone hacking all phones or the provider or someone else continually tracking the phone.

If indeed phones are interfered with, then the Swarovski intelligent monocular and other interactive devices may also be hacked.

My lady friend was speaking to her friend and mentioned a firm completely unknown to her friend.
In seconds an advert from this completely unknown firm appeared on her friend's phone.
I would think that this is illegal, but there seems to be no laws in the wild west of the internet.

Regards,
B.

Last edited by Binastro : Sunday 29th December 2019 at 15:22.
Old Monday 30th December 2019, 00:48   #52
etudiant
BF Supporter 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binastro View Post
Thank you Patriot,

The Duracell battery was bought from Duracell and is a genuine Duracell battery.
I actually bought two, but only have installed the first.
The charger and phone are genuine Nokia.

I really think that the problem is outside malevalent forces.
Either someone hacking all phones or the provider or someone else continually tracking the phone.

If indeed phones are interfered with, then the Swarovski intelligent monocular and other interactive devices may also be hacked.

My lady friend was speaking to her friend and mentioned a firm completely unknown to her friend.
In seconds an advert from this completely unknown firm appeared on her friend's phone.
I would think that this is illegal, but there seems to be no laws in the wild west of the internet.

Regards,
B.
It may be different in England, but afaik, the US courts have ruled that privacy is forfeited if the information is recorded externally, something that is pretty much inherent in digital communications. So nothing should surprise about commercial monitoring of internet interactions, which includes cell phone links.

That aside though, your phone issues don't seem externally driven. The item may have some internal component aging issue, where something sometimes is failed enough to leave the phone running which at other times it still shuts off properly. No idea how to fix that, or even who could diagnose the problem correctly. Nokia perhaps still has somebody who would know, but given their travails, I'd not bet on it.

BF Supporter 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Monday 30th December 2019, 15:01   #53
Binastro

Thanks Etudiant.

The fix is very simple.

When, after about two months of the battery lasting ten days, it only suddenly lasts two days, I just run the battery to empty.
After say 24 hours, I charge the battery, and reconnect the line.
It then seems to last the normal ten days.

I suspect that I never had to replace the original Nokia battery, had I understood what the fix was.

I was lucky when the lift was rather full.
I decided to wait.
The lift stuck mid floor and the doctor in the lift had to wait one hour plus to be rescued.
On hearing the yelling I used the phone to get help, even though I was not stuck.

I, the tortoise won the race, not the hare.

Regards,
B.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: