• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Monkeys (1 Viewer)

bkrownd

How many of you climb trees to get closer to the tweeters? (and to get better angles for illumination and background) I've been considering going vertical in my explorations. I'm trying to locate a suitable tree in one of the little forests I frequent, but koa and ohia don't usually grow in a way that's easy to climb.

never!i fell 15 feet a few years ago whilst checking a peregrine nest.since then i keep my feet firmly on the ground.be careful for gawds sake.

While practicing canopy acces techniques in Sierra Llorona, Colon province, Panama; we got the visit of Chestnut-mandibled Toucans and Chesnut-headed Oropendolas who did not care much about our presence 40 ft. above in the canopy.
I tougth the same: better angles, better light, closer view of the birds.
Saludos

We had fall prevention training at work recently. :) You could use some sort of fall arresting crotch-waist harness. Koa trees are particularly slippery...slimy, even.

Also, does anybody use a hunting tree stand?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back