• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moon Shots (1 Viewer)

I've shot the moon at 1/1000th on a clear night, the reduction in light levels during the eclipse left me totally unprepared, at first I thought it was camera shake then realised the stars were elongated slightly (as with Mikes pic) comparing the results with my previous attempts at the moon I was dissapointed, I will probably bin the lot!

Heres the standard I was expecting; and the poor results from the eclipse;

Attachments

• moon.jpg
    moon.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Blood Moon.jpg
    Blood Moon.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 124
Recurvirostra said:
Not taken recently, but digiscoped using a tripod at 1/250 @ f5.3 in the Australian outback. The clear desert skies helped considerably - the light from the moon was almost blinding to eyes adjusted to the dark.

Hey, even the moon is upside down is aussie!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back