• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which camera do you recommend? (1 Viewer)

xcellent

Hello,

I'm looking for a new very good camera with the best zoom and functions. Please can you give an advise which one I should look for?
I don't have any idea.

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm looking for a new very good camera with the best zoom and functions. Please can you give an advise which one I should look for?
I don't have any idea.

Thanks.

The best zoom would probably be the Sigma 200-500 f2.8, but that would cost £30,000 - and you'd then have to add a camera body - another £5,000. I assume you aren't looking at this sort of price! Have you got a budget? Do you want a point and shoot camera or a Digital SLR with interchangeable lenses? If you could provide some details then you'll get some good answers from people on here.

Dear rezMole,
Thanks for your mail. Pah, unbelievable - 35,000!!??!! I don't like to buy the company - only a camera. :)
I like a Digital SLR with 300 to 500 mm and I like to spent around 1,000 to 1,200 Euro not more.

Thanks and kind regards

Dear rezMole,
Thanks for your mail. Pah, unbelievable - 35,000!!??!! I don't like to buy the company - only a camera. :)
I like a Digital SLR with 300 to 500 mm and I like to spent around 1,000 to 1,200 Euro not more.

Thanks and kind regards
You should be able to pick up a decent Canon 350d + Sigma 50-500mm or 170-500mm on Ebay
for your budget
Cheers
Brian

Do you have access to a repair agent for all brands, depending on whats available in Mombasa may effect the choice.
As always to these questions try and handle as many as possible as this may again shortlist what you need i.e. being quite a large chap when I bought my 1st DSLR the canon 350D was too small to hold comfortably so I chose the much larger Nikon D70s. It may be better to look at the lens budget as this may be the deciding factor. As Brian states there are a few lenses that you could look at from Tamron / Sigma / Nikon & Canon. If you are on a budget you can pick up the Tokina 80-400 2nd hand for under €200. If you explain what you'll mainly be using the kit for it may help others offer suggestions.
Steve

Another lens woth looking for is the Tamron 200-500. A quick search on ebay showed that you can get a new lens and a 2nd hand Canon EOS 400D for app. 1.700 C$ which is somewhat below 1200 euro.

Thomas

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back