• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Return of The Squirrel (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
As I type this message on my computer I can see that pesky Mr. Squirrl has returned pinching all the nuts for the birds greedy things they are have they returned to your feeders? Ive seen him 3 times getting more oh hang out he's back 4 times lol

squirrl.gif

I almost always have 2 or more squirrels in the garden, for most of the year. They feed from the ground feeder tables, though all I put on these is mixed seeds and porridge oats. I have a large squirrel proof hanging feeder for seeds and black sunflower seeds, and the bird table is squirrel proof.

I also have several of the so-called "squirrel proof" feeders, but they rarely bother with those - even if they CAN squeeze inside, they don't manage to get much food.

Returned? when did they leave? They (darn pests) have been terrorising the garden all year without fail....at least theyre consistent i spose3:) ..i think they have doubled in numbers since last week cos now the little pests are in the front aswell!!..err front garden that is

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back