• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta Meostar S2 20-70x82 Spotting Scope (1 Viewer)

FourT6and2

Hello, I don't do any sort of bird spotting. I bought this scope for long-range shooting, out to about 1500 yards. The scope on my rifle is really amazing. But it maxes out at 25x power and spotting your own shots past 1,000 yards is pretty difficult. So a buddy usually spots while you shoot. So that's what this thing is for. I did a lot of research and I was going to go with the Vortex Razor HD 85 or the Meopro. But I then I found a really good deal on the Meostar S2 and all the reviews were great. It's also the same scope as the Nightforce TS-82.

I got the new scope and eyepiece for about $1800 USD, so I jumped on it. glad I did. It's a great scope! The image quality is unreal and puts my $4,000 rifle cope to shame haha! I can't compare to other spotters, as I've never owned any others. The only other spotting scope I've used at the range was someone's Sightron, that didn't actually look that bad. But I'm the kind of person that has to go all out when I buy something like this. My bank account is weeping right now. :)

Anyway, here's a video I shot with my iPhone 6. So not the best quality. And the mount I bought is very loose. I have to line it with some electrical tape or something to get a tighter fit. So, I apologize for the shaky video, as it's handheld. The crane and workers are a little over 600 yards away. The domed building at the end of the video is 4,048 yards. Thought I'd post this here because there aren't a lot of through-the-scope videos of this thing around.

I also can't seem to get images and video embedded. This forum doesn't seem to use/allow typical embed code?

You can watch in 1080p by clicking through to YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQivcElRROk

Attachments

• meostar_by_haftelm-daz1s77.jpg
    meostar_by_haftelm-daz1s77.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
I am impressed I think this is about 2.67 miles. Here is a picture I took 2.8 miles away, but this was an Orion 100ED refractor.

Attachments

• doe and overlook site 014crop (Large) cloak.jpg
    doe and overlook site 014crop (Large) cloak.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 284
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back