• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What bird is this? (Audio) (1 Viewer)

Aetherial

Hey everyone,

I've been hearing this bird (Is it even a bird?) in my yard for the past 2 weeks or so now and I can't figure out what it is.I feel like it might be some kind of duck or something, but then again, when I heard it today, it came from up in the trees.
I'm in the Netherlands.

The sound:
https://clyp.it/r1szvbo5

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BirdForum. I wonder if this sound is an amphibian rather than a bird.

Thank you!
I've been thinking about that too. Perhaps it's some kind of frog.
When I recorded it with the BirdNET app, it said Carrion Crow, but it also said "Highly Unlikely"
I did find that crows can make similar sounds to this although it's still too different from what I've heard so far.

I've heard similar sounds from Carrion Crow down here in Portugal...quite disconcerting.

I think it might actually be a crow after listening to some more crows making weird sounds on Youtube.
I'm still not 100% sure though. I don't see crows in my yard very often. Mostly jackdaws and magpies.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back