• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hoodman Cinema Strap (1 Viewer)

I use the loupe on a Nikon P6000 and it is a fraction too big for the LCD but in all respects it works well although it does cover some of the buttons around the LCD.There is usually quite a lot of spare on the strap which is adjustable so my guess is that you will be able to use it. I am sure however that you could equally well attach the loupe to your camera with some imaginative use of elastic bands at a fraction of the cost.

You could try to order these from Japan. I've read they offer flatter FoV than the Hoodman.

You want the eyelens to be fully multi-coated to counter reflections so get either 8507 or 8508w/diopter and you can use your own piece of elastic band like the Hoodman or you can also get 8509 which attaches with doublesided tape to the LCD. The 8514 is a complete kit too. Order instructions here.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back