• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mall Galleries Wildlife Exhibition 2010 (1 Viewer)

Well done Tim! Great going, and I'm happy to put something back into my bank account. Thanks for the update Mike. Wish I could be there to see al the wonderful work in the flesh.

Congratulations to all once again! I knew that gannet drawing was worthy of a prize. Just such a strong drawing.

Is there anyway that us Cross the Ponders can see what's in show and what won prizes?

Had another trip over today, (in the p*ssin rain!), and I'm feeking pretty fired up to get some painting done now. Jackies' Falkland flappers is sold so congrats to you Jackie.

Mike

Had another trip over today, (in the p*ssin rain!), and I'm feeking pretty fired up to get some painting done now. Jackies' Falkland flappers is sold so congrats to you Jackie.

Mike

well done all them sellers- that seems like a pretty high strike rate even taking account the quality of your offerings

and well done Mike for braving the rain- I was going to nip over today and whimped out on account of it: pathetic

well done all them sellers- that seems like a pretty high strike rate even taking account the quality of your offerings

and well done Mike for braving the rain- I was going to nip over today and whimped out on account of it: pathetic
Pah! - Wot's all this abut whimping out 'cos of the rain??? - It's only real rain if it leaves you bleeding . . . :-O

Jackies' Falkland flappers is sold so congrats to you Jackie.
Mike

Wow, that's great, thanks Mike. I stayed at the PV til early evening and it hadn't sold then so this is a surprise. Well done to Tim & Nick too. Lots of great work there as usual, and I thought it was a more consistant standard this time - no single piece stood out above the others to me, though there were plenty I liked a lot. Loved Nick's blackcap just as much in paint as in pixels.

Re. the prizes, I think they choose on the morning of the PV but don't let on who's won what until the opening ceremony in the afternoon. FYI next year the exhibition is moved to October. PV day will be 26th, so there's a date for your diaries.

Hopefully next year I'll be able to make it over (you watch them reject all my pictures and kick me out now! :) ) Much better having the exhibition then, the problem is with September is I always have work, though I teach adults, they all act like flipping children and come back in September. Congrats on selling the flippers Jackie, looks like sales are doing really well this year.

Thanks, Nick. Don't know what the others thought, but my impression was that sales at the PV were well down this year. There must have been a sales spurt later.

May be coincidence, I sold one there in 2007, then nowt till this year - good! Or else jebus knows how I'd have paid the membership fees!

Right off to work now, keeping an eye out on all the jays to see if there's not a nutcracker or two with them.

Best I can find at the mo Ken:

http://www.youtube.com/user/neiloshea

Not great but you get passing glimpses of Tim and Nick's work, don't blink or you'll miss it.

BTW I have no idea who this Neil bloke is.

Mike

Thanks Mike. I just watched three times but I must have been blinking. I still couldn't find them. But it wouldn't have been very satisfying even if I did at that speed.

The Birds In Art show over here has also opened but you can't find much yet online. Last year I think much of the work was online. But at least I got the catalog for it, being one of the 500 rejectees. As far as I know the one common artist to both is Matthew Hillier. It really would be nice to be able to see every work in both shows online though.

All I know is Neil can't use a bloody camcorder...!!

I'm wondering how much of the PV wine Neil consumed before he took that footage!

There are a few images from the exhibition on the SWLA website http://www.swla.co.uk/index.htm. The site also has a Members List section with images and web links for each artist. They aren't necessarily recent images but it gives a sense of each artist's output. Worth investigating for anyone wanting inspiration.

Does Barry Van Dusen enter Birds in Art? I like his work very much. Alan Hunt has work in the SWLA show and I imagine he's another BiA artist.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back